Holly is an experienced mediator with extensive expertise in health care disputes. She has a particular interest in disputes concerning potentially avoidable death, disabled access, and gender services. Her practice covers complex disputes involving multiple interested parties and high levels of financial remedy.
Her clients consistently provide glowing reviews of her service. They praise her questioning techniques and empathetic handling of sensitive matters.
Having obtained a First Class Honours in Law in 2015, Holly worked as a legal adviser and migration support worker in the UK, Europe and North Africa. On returning to the UK, she became a scholar of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple and completed the Bar Professional Training Course in 2019. She obtained pupillage at prominent human rights set the following year. During this time, she became a qualified mediator specialising in civil and commercial mediation as well as community and workplace mediation.
Holly worked as a crown service adjudicator with the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman (PHSO) for several years before pioneering its dispute resolution service. Her main focus is on improving this public mediation service for individuals who have concerns about NHS-funded care and the care providers, with a view to expanding this to cover parliamentary bodies.
Holly is an accomplished mediation trainer. She has designed and delivered workshops on mediation techniques for her colleagues across PHSO. Holly frequently works with NHS bodies to deliver training to its staff. She has also liaised with the Medical Defence Union, Health Advocates Groups and Clinical Commissioning Groups to promote the use of mediation.
Holly has worked with Phoenix Dispute Solutions Limited (PDSL) since its inception and delivers all aspects of mediation training. She has delivered training to hundreds of students across multiple jurisdictions in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. Holly is privileged to have worked with many fellow lawyers, HR professionals and government representatives across the globe in her role with PDSL.
2019 – Present Dispute Resolution Caseworker, Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)
- Pioneered PHSO’s dispute resolution service, being integral to the design, implementation and promotion of the service.
- An experienced mediator with extensive expertise in health care disputes. My practice covers disputes involving potentially avoidable death, complex factual matrixes, multiple interested parties and financial remedies.
- Designed and delivered workshops on mediation techniques for my colleagues across PHSO. I frequently work with NHS bodies to deliver training to staff. I have also liaised with the Medical Defence Union, Health Advocates Groups and Clinical Commissioning Groups to promote mediation.
2019 – Present Mediation Trainer, Phoenix Dispute Solution Limited (PDSL)
- Lecturing on the history of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), the psychology of conflict, as well as the theory and practice of contemporary mediation. I observe and mark student’s work to help them become accredited mediators using the Civil Mediation Council Framework.
- I have trained hundreds of students across multiple jurisdictions in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America, scaling the course to meet the participant's needs. In my role with PDSL, I am privileged to have trained many fellow lawyers, HR professionals, medical practitioners and government representatives across the globe.
2016 – 2019 Caseworker, PHSO
- I gathered and analysed evidence to produce reports setting out my considerations in plain English in order to reach well founded decisions.
2019 National Certificate in Mediation Skills, Steve Hindmarsh Ltd
2019 Civil and Commercial Mediation Qualification, ADR International
2017 – 2019 Bar Professional Training Course, Very Competent, Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
2012 – 2015 LLB Hons (Law), First Class Honours, MMU